Referred to in Ulysses when Leopold Bloom thinks of the “lord mayor in his gingerbread coach”, the beautiful Lord Mayor’s Coach dates back to 1791 and was made in Dublin by William Whitton of Dominick Street. It was restored in 1975 by Dublin City Council, Inchicore Railway Works and art conservators from the National Gallery and National Museum. On Saturday 16 June, it will be on display on the forecourt of the Mansion House – a rare chance to see the beautiful detail of the Coach up close. The Coach is used at least twice a year when it leads the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Dublin and brings the Lord Mayor to the RDS to open the Dublin Horse Show. The Mansion House will be open to view and there will be readings and musical performances throughout the day to celebrate Ulysses.
Back to All Events
Earlier Event: June 16Bloomsday Walk with Pat Liddy's Walking Tours (10:30am & 2:30pm)
Later Event: June 16The Three Graces of the Dublin Musical World